Up to 24-month Standard Warranty
TechInTheBasket offers up to 24 months warranty on its products1, providing customers with the confidence and peace-of-mind when shopping on our website.
1For Cameras, lens, lens filters, memory cards, tablet, computer accessories, external storage, we offer 24-months warranty.
1For action cameras and drone, we offer 6 months warranty.
1For mobiles phones, audio equipment and smart watches we offer 12 months warranty.
The warranty period starts from the invoice date, and hence includes the shipping and return shipping time as well as the repair duration.
For more details, please refer to the following terms and conditions of our warranty policy.
Terms and conditions
Upon receiving and accepting your payment, we will provide you with cover for your purchase(s) as stated in this warranty.
The TechInTheBasket standard warranty, once paid for, warrants the product to operate according to manufacturer's specifications for the period as stated above from the date of invoice.
Any products, we will provide you with the respective warranty through our own company, which we will restore the product back to manufacturer operational standard.
To make a claim
Download the warranty form, fill it in and attach it to us by email. Preferably if you can also include photo and/or video showing the problem
We will attempt to resolve the situation either by phone or email. If this don’t cannot resolve please send back the product to:
To make a warranty return
Pack the product back to same condition you originally received it. Please do not tape the retail box
Print and put the warranty form inside and outside of the box so that we know who send it back
Send back the product with tracking number. Please ensure you attached the proof of shipment and warranty form by email.
Upon receiving the product we will email you to confirm receipt of it
We will send you a second confirming the claim and begin warranty process if valid
If the product is returned to TechInTheBasket, we will endeavour to ensure the safety of your product(s) while it is in our possession. However, whilst every effort will be made to return your product (and any film, tape, or other recordable media or accessory), TechInTheBasket cannot accept any liability, nor pay any compensation for the loss of a particular item. You should retain any accessories not required for the repair.
We may choose to replace your product if the cost of repair is not economical or the manufacturer no longer produce the parts. In such case we will replace it with a similar product of the same or greater value. These values are determined by what the values are at the time of replacement.
You will be responsible for the cost of sending the product to us, we will not compensate the costs of sending the product back to us in any circumstances.
You will be responsible for the cost of inspections, diagnostic, repair if the fault of the product is not covered by this warranty.
You will be charged 20% if the returned item is not in the original condition.
TechInTheBasket’s only obligation under this warranty is the provision of the service as set out above.
The warranty is not transferable to a third party.
Consumable products such as batteries and films are not covered by the warranty.
Products that are not electronic items or do not consume electricity(e.g. Bags, Lens Hoods, and etc) are not covered
For all mobile phones, in the event that the original package does not contain a charger that work in your country, a high quality converter is supplied.
Any repaired cost of carrier related issue (e.g. SIM Card, availability, coverage, service, range etc.) of mobile phones and tablets will not be covered by TechInTheBasket.
Any issues caused by the firmware or software, modification to operating system, rooted or jailbroken to the phones or tablets will not be covered by TechInTheBasket Warranty Policy.
General exclusions (what's NOT covered)
- Wear and tear
- Damage caused by impact, shock, fall, sand, dust, dirt, dampness, leaking batteries, fire, theft, attempted theft, vandalism, acts of war or terrorism, corrosion, water contamination or ingress, frost, flooding winds, earthquakes, lightning or other adverse weather conditions
- Any accidental or malicious damage
Any damage due to exposure to moisture, dampness or extreme thermal environment conditions
- Improper usage, storage or handling of the product
- Any damage due to opertaing with incorrect or irregular voltage supply
- Any breach of the terms and conditions of this warranty or the contract terms
- Failure to follow our written instructions for the product, or those of the manufacturer’s
- Damage or defect due to wilful neglect or negligence by anyone other than us
- Loss of quality, degradation of performance or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by the manufacturer
- Modification to the product and/or software, by someone other than our representatives
- The product serial has been removed or made illegible
- Connection of other fittings, accessories, equipment or software to the product which were not approved by us
- External causes out of our control which may include accidents, fire disasters or burglaries
- Repair or cleaning by unauthorized personnel
- Any malfunctions or specific requirements of any other item of hardware or software which you added to the product that was not included in the contract
- Correction of errors for any non-Techinthebasket or original manufacturer proprietary software
- Loss or damage of data
- Attaching the product to a network not approved by us, or if you have made changes to your operating or network system
- Not installing any error correction that is issued for the software
- Use of which is not designed
- Damaged Display on Screen (LCD) due to improper usage
- Non-Manufacturer defect on Lenses
- Liquid damage
- Damage due to improper packing during shipment to service center or service agent
Special Note for Action Cameras/ Casings / Bags/ Mobiles Phones
Damages due to impact, exceeding recommended depths, etc. would void the warranty. Please be advised that the warranty offered is strictly for the purchased item only. TechInTheBasket will not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.
Special Note for Remote Control Toys
The warranty does not cover defects or damage resulting from below:
- Crash or burning caused by non-manufacturing factors.
- Damage caused by operating the unit in electromagnetic interference environment (i.e. mining area, radio transmitting tower, high-voltage wire, substation etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit in a known environment with interference with the wireless devices (i.e. transmitter, video-link, Wi-Fi signals etc.)
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a weight greater than safe takeoff weight
- Damage caused by operating the unit with a low charged or defective battery.
TechInTheBasket will also not be held liable for any defects or damage on any other item(s) used in conjunction with this product.